A Community Rich in History
In April 1795, a man by the name of Ebenezer Ward bought 640 acres of land near what is now the intersection of Winton and North Bend Rd. The property was bought from John Cleves Symmes. Shortly after, Ward passed away. The title was transferred to his favorite grandson, Ebenezer Ward Finney, who sold his farm in New York and moved west in 1800 with sixteen members of his family to settle in the area now known as Finneytown. A cemetery with the graves of Finney, his wife Rachel and other early settlers of Finneytown can be found on Winton Ridge Ln. It is the final resting place of 3 Revolutionary War veterans and 5 War of 1812 Veterans.
Visit our Links page to find more information about our history from other web sites.